Find Allen, TX homes on rent and other Allen real estate - search our listings now!
- Allen was part of the Peter's Colony Land Grant. The city was named in honor of Ebenezer Allen, a former Attorney General for the state of Texas.
- The Houston and Texas Central Railroad arrived in 1872.
- One of the first Texas train robberies occurred in Allen in 1878.
- The city was incorporated in 1953.
- Attractions include Allen Historic Dam, Allen Philharmonic Symphony, Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, John Clark Field, Heard Natural Science Museum, and Collin County History Museum
- Nearby activities and attractions include the Heritage Farmstead Museum, which features a Victorian farmhouse and other historic buildings.
- The Arbor Hills Nature Preserve includes a trail that crosses scenic meadows and passes by waterfalls.
- Lake Lavon provides opportunities for boating, swimming and camping
- Allen has an extensive hiking and nature trail system and numerous recreational facilities. There are nearly 800 acres of developed park land and nearly 50 miles of hiking and nature trails
- Golfing enthusiasts enjoy the numerous golf courses in the area including the Chase Oaks, Ridgeview Ranch and the Plantation golf clubs.
- Allen was named one of the Top 10 Best Towns for Families by Family Circle in July 2013
- Allen is home to one of the only remaining stone dams in the United States used as a water station for the H&TC railway. The remaining site includes the stone dam, a foundation for a pump house and a foundation for a water tower which is designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a State Archaeological Landmark.
Whether you are new to Texas or just looking for a homes on rent in Allen, TX Best Buy Realty will find the homes on rent that is just right for you.